Yahoo "What If?" Article
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/what-if-abc-...51168.html
If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are? -Bill Watterson
Nice article.
This is great article. I saw it earlier this morning.
Awesome!
There's already a thread on this, lol.
is there a link to the secne of BBCs Red Dwarf that they reference in the begining?
Someone in the comments section stated that maternity leave of six weeks is not enough. Anyone else feel that way? This is my first time reading someone say that.
(09-06-2014, 03:09 AM)curiouscharese Wrote: Someone in the comments section stated that maternity leave of six weeks is not enough. Anyone else feel that way? This is my first time reading someone say that.

Hell yes I agree with that. New parents aren't cut any slack in the U.S. like they are in other countries and it really should change.

One example is what happened to my cousin. She worked 60 hours a week as a manager and when she had her first child she ended up inducing, which is something she really didn't want to do because of the risks, simply because she wanted to be able to spend time with her baby before going back to work.
She actually induced just because she couldn't get more time off with her baby. It's awful that mothers are forced to make those kinds of decisions.
Also, fathers aren't given enough time to help their wives out at home, either.
As bad as I am, I am proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem
(09-10-2014, 09:17 PM)Goddess Wrote:
(09-06-2014, 03:09 AM)curiouscharese Wrote: Someone in the comments section stated that maternity leave of six weeks is not enough. Anyone else feel that way? This is my first time reading someone say that.

Hell yes I agree with that. New parents aren't cut any slack in the U.S. like they are in other countries and it really should change.

One example is what happened to my cousin. She worked 60 hours a week as a manager and when she had her first child she ended up inducing, which is something she really didn't want to do because of the risks, simply because she wanted to be able to spend time with her baby before going back to work.
She actually induced just because she couldn't get more time off with her baby. It's awful that mothers are forced to make those kinds of decisions.
Also, fathers aren't given enough time to help their wives out at home, either.
That's horrible about your cousin.

As for fathers, I'd agree...except I think shows like "Maury" don't really help the paternity leave debate. Some men might take advantage of it...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saw this on yahoo tripletbelly3 0 2,330 03-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Last Post: tripletbelly3
  Mpreg Interview Article. Frisby2007 3 1,858 12-01-2018, 04:39 PM
Last Post: mprego2
  An interesting article Mark 2 2,453 05-07-2016, 04:23 PM
Last Post: mprego2
  Article Amesstar 0 1,485 11-11-2014, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Amesstar
  Empire News Article: "First Pregnant Man" ImpendingExplosion 0 2,022 09-19-2014, 07:14 PM
Last Post: ImpendingExplosion
  The Sun article gengyk 2 3,437 09-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Last Post: mattpregnant